"JENNY FROM THE BLOG!!!!"

"JENNY FROM THE BLOG!!!!"

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Choosing Joy!

My friend Sue and I went to Hearts At Home conference in March. We listened to a couple...Bill and Pam Farrel speak about marriages. We loved Pam's outlook as she explained when life was absolutely at it's worse someone asked her how she was doing and she replied, "Choosing Joy!" Now she didn't say this in a monotone voice...she said it with great flamboyancy! Sue and I discussed how absolutely true this is...you have to choose to look at life in a positive light and choose to find joy.
This last month has been such a difficult one for our community with the loss of Jack and Duncan. My children, especially Madison has had a very rough time. Instead of hurting and dwelling on why it had to happen...I'm making myself remember the good times and wonderful memories of their beautiful smiling faces. I'm choosing to see the strength in all the classmates, including Madison and the generosity of the surroundings communities and schools. The love and compassion that the teachers and faculty at our school have shown to one another is overwhelming. They say that God is not allowed in school. I'm here to tell you..............He is there....His presence is felt, His voice is heard, His love is shared.
Today we honored Jack and Duncan by releasing blue and green balloons which are their favorite colors. It was absolutely amazing to see the balloons and hear the children at the same time say....wow...then silence for a few seconds.
If I have never been sure of anything in my life....I am sure that God sent me to this job! After all the confusion and heartache over jobs this past year, I know that this is ABSOLUTELY where I am supposed to be.

Madison's goal has been to make sure Jack and Duncan's mommy is okay. Today again she showed her compassion and acted as God's hands and feet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A NICE BLOG JENNY. YOU ARE RIGHT, GOD IS IN THE SCHOOL. AREN'T PEOPLE WONDERFUL. AND BLESS MADDIE FOR HELPING JACK AND DUNCANS MOM. I'M SURE IT MEANS A LOT TO HER.

MOM